Grow your Business through Omnichannel Marketing
Learn how to use omnichannel marketing to gain more customers and grow your revenue.
What is Omnichannel Marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is a multichannel sales approach that provides customers with an integrated and seamless shopping experience. The word “omni” means “all”. You can think of omnichannel as a way to bring all points of contact with the customer together in an integrated and harmonious way. It is different from traditional marketing which is more siloed and focused on pushing messages out through campaigns to customers via channels such as TV ads, direct mail, and newsletters.
An omnichannel marketing strategy may include such things as pre-order & instore pickup, use of smartphone apps, cross channel loyalty program, and tablets within a brick & mortar location.
Omnichannel retail is the new way of doing business
Shoppers are becoming increasingly connected through the internet and smartphones – more and more they expect a frictionless and seamless experience.
A customer exploring a potential purchase may switch from channel to channel: checking out an item online and in-store and also reviewing comments on social media before they decide to make a purchase. Consumers are able to look up product reviews online, compare prices across competitors, and check multiple social media channels to find out if any special offers are available. Shoppers also want flexibility when it comes to shipping and the option to pick it up from a store that same day.
Why should you invest in an omnichannel retail strategy?
The main reason to invest in an omnichannel retail strategy is that it can pay off in terms of increased revenues and profits. A Harvard Business Review Study found that omnichannel customers spent an average of 4% more on every shopping occasion in the store and 10% more online than single-channel customers. Further, by accessing data about your customer’s behavior across multiple channels, you can gain insights into their buying patterns and more accurately market to them with special offers.
What are the most important channels for your omnichannel marketing strategy?
- eCommerce website. Your eCommerce website is essential in today’s marketplace. Your website should be customer friendly, designed for conversion and optimized for SEO.
- Marketplaces. Everyone knows the power of marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy and eBay. However, there are other fast-growing marketplaces out there like Perk Hero’s Mobile Marketplace that you can grow alongside.
- Apps. More and more customers are shopping using their smartphones and apps can both provide customers with access to a marketplace and provide ways to engage with customers through push notifications and chat functions.
- Social Media. Social media is a two-way communication tool that you can use to engage with your customers. Platforms such as Instagram can help your products and brand be seen by more people, grow a strong following of customers who really relate to your brand.
- Brick & Mortar Store. A physical presence may seem out of date in today’s digital world – however, research has shown that using an omnichannel strategy that includes a physical presence can give you an edge over an online-only store.
- Automated Personal Shoppers and Virtual Reality. There are new and emerging technologies such as personal shoppers that are voice interactive and powered by artificial intelligence that are becoming part of many retailer’s omnichannel strategy. Virtual reality is another tool that retailers have used to allow customers to check out and preview a product before coming in-store.
What can you start doing today to put your omnichannel marketing strategy in place?
Start with some research: learn about your customer. Prepare a customer journey map, customer personas, and map out a day in the life of your customer. This will help you think about how to engage with your customer throughout the customer journey: from the moment your customer encounters your brand to visiting your physical store to make a purchase.
And be sure that you’ve covered the basics:
- Your eCommerce website should be optimized for mobile and to be found on search engines (SEO)
- Use email campaigns to reach customers
- Establish a presence on social media: Facebook and Instagram provide easy-to-use methods for targeting specific audiences
- Get your business listed on marketplaces
If the above sound daunting, there is one quick way that you can easily improve your omnichannel game: list your business on the Perk Hero mobile marketplace. To get started it’s as easy as filling out this form which only take 5 minutes to complete. By joining the Perk Hero mobile marketplace you can immediately take advantage of our pre-ordering capabilities as well as our powerful digital marketing platform.